Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days of Truth Challenge - Day One

Day 1:  Something you hate about yourself.

I am going to start this my changing the title to, "Something I don't like about myself."  I really don't like the word HATE.  I am working hard to wean its use from my vocabulary because I don't want my kids to use it except in extreme cases.  Because HATE is a word reflecting extreme emotion.  And I don't HATE myself :)

I don't like many things about myself.

I am a procrastinator.  Especially when it comes to packing.  Ooh, I hate packing.
Even though I have great aspirations, I am not very organized with paperwork (especially at home).  Ugh.
I have great ideas, but I don't follow through very well.  (I share this trait with my dad.)
I lack focus and can be easily distracted.
I am not good at keeping in touch with people I love.  (I am sorry, Aunt Shirley.)
I don't "play" enough.  (I am sorry, my sweet boys.)
I am overweight and I am getting gray hairs and wrinkles and I don't feel very attractive.  (I am sorry, Jason.)
I have lost control of my personal finance.  (This one keeps me awake nights.)
I have lost inspiration to cook.  (Thank goodness Jason has stepped up lately.)
I have failed when it comes to teaching my two younger sons how to sleep well.
I am a pack rat.

Wow, the list goes on and on, doesn't it?  Was this exercise supposed to make me feel like crap?  No, I think it just makes me aware of my shortcomings.  I should try to change the things I can and embrace (or learn to live with) the things I cannot or choose not to change.

Boy, I need Day Two of this challenge.  Even though I don't think I could write to it just now.  I feel kind of like you do when you rip a band-aid off really quickly.  Ouchie. 




No comments:

Post a Comment