Sunday, November 13, 2011

30 Days of Thankful - Day What? Oh, Yeah, Thirteen

Today is the Sunday following a three day weekend.  So I am out of sorts.  This always happens to me on a long weekend.  I would be a wreck if we took a vacation and we were out of our normal routine for a whole week!

Nonetheless, today is the 13th of November.

So what am I thankful for today?  I am pausing.  Thinking.  Because I am working a little this morning while Jason took the boys to the park.  Someone is blowing leaves outside.  And that is really annoyingly LOUD.  And I've messed my neck/upper back up again.  I have a heating pad on my shoulders.

I am thankful to have and to be able to use all my senses.  I feel old and sore and somewhat broken physically this morning.  But I can feel.

Touch -- I can feel the soft warm hands of my little-est one when I hold him and rock him.  I can feel the so-soft ears and cheeks of Super Z.  And I can feel the weight of my oldest's outstretched legs on my lap when we are sitting on the couch in the evening watching TV.  How can be getting so big???

Hearing -- that leaf blower.  But also the daily noise of our life.  Nash is saying da-da-da like he's a member of the Police.  Z says Mommy I know a thousand times each day.  And E asks the best questions.  Some I can't answer.  I love his questions.

Sight -- I can see the leaves in our backyard blowing around in the warm wind of the day.  (Not the best day for blowing leaves IMO.)  All the trees' colors have turned varying shades of brown now.  We've already passed that prime 2 week or so long period when the golds, reds, oranges, and purples sing.  But I love fall.

Taste -- Biscuits and grape jam.  Jason made biscuits and gravy for the boys for breakfast this morning, but I love biscuits with jam or jelly.  So good!

Even though I am not at 100% today, I am thankful God has given me the gift of all my senses and the ability to appreciate and enjoy them.  I just wish that leaf blower would stop!



No comments:

Post a Comment