Today my focus is getting back to documentation of my life on my little blog here :)
Days One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, and Seven:
I am thankful...
- for my husband. Growing up, I never had a boyfriend or dated. Yep, major nerd. I am afraid some people perceived me as a snob, but I'm not. Just quiet, a little shy, focused on school/career (at least back then), not very pretty or cute to teenage boys. But that's ok. I found my match, 13 or so years ago in Jason. I was impatient at times to know why I am here, what God's plan for me is. Meeting Jason, falling in love, marrying him, and having our sons laid it all out for me. God knows, i am sure, that he is the only person in this world who can live with me and still love me! I try to be conscious of that and try to be a better wife, mother, friend on days when I am just crazy. He is GOOD. Just so GOOD. I am thankful him every day. I am thankful I have married a good man who I love and who loves me and our kids.
- for Ethan Henry Boyd. I could write volumes about my kids, but I am just going to keep this short and sweet. I am thankful for the boy who shared his ticket reward points at Billy Bob's Wonderland on Saturday with his brother. His brother really just wanted a bouncy ball (I know it's worth a total of 25 cents or less, and don't we have a hundred bouncy balls at home already?) but he was 42 points short. Ethan had 282. So, without my prompting, he turned in the tickets and got a bouncy ball for each of them plus some crayons for his brother. This is big because he gets very frustrated with his brother because he is a loud, moody, now-I-have-to-share-my-bedroom-with-him 2 year old little brother. I am thankful for Ethan's kindness.
- for Zane Michael Boyd. He and Ethan have different personalities, so we are experiencing many things for the first time with Zane. Yesterday, Jason took Zane with him to the grocery store. Zane started singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star as loudly as he could in the shopping cart. Ethan would have NEVER done this. That makes me smile and laugh out loud. I am thankful for his sweetness and freedom of spirit.
- for Nash Jameson Boyd. My baby. My last baby. My wonderful surprise of a baby. I tried planning so many things in my life because it was the right thing to do. Nash was a surprise. Because of that, I wanted to remember and cherish everything I could about my pregnancy and his infancy and growth. For goodness' sake, I didn't even know his gender till the moment he was born! (Okay, in my heart, I knew.) He is so pleasant and such a good baby. I am thankful he was a surprise gift.
- for health. I say this as I am entering my third week of a terrible cold, I have a toothache beginning to emerge from a filling I had done 2 months ago, and I hurt my back/neck while sleeping (I know, who does this?). But generally I am healthy and my family is healthy. I need to get in shape, and I need to start making healthier family meals and food choices. But I am thankful for a strong, healthy body.
- my home. I am thankful to have a beautiful home. It's not perfect; it's still a work in progress as far as decorating goes. I am constantly thinking of ways to decorate and personalize our space. I wish I could just finish one room! I would feel such a sense of accomplishment then. I think that's what I have become obsessed lately with DIY in blog world. There are so many great ideas out there I would like to
stealmake my own :) I am thankful for my home and those I share it with. - I am going to steal number 7 from my son. I asked him the other night what he was thankful for and he told me it was having enough food to eat whenever he wanted. It sounds so simple, doesn't it? But think of all the people who don't have easy open access to good food and water. We are doing the Cub Scouts Scouting for Food drive again next weekend. Seeing all the food that is collected, sorted, and then taken to the community food pantry is inspirational. And we are a small cub scout pack, so we are not talking about a large amount by any means. But it is important, and I think it is important for him to be involved with this service activity. We could do more, I know. But this is a good place to start. I am thankful for having plenty to eat, whenever I want.
No comments:
Post a Comment