![]() |
| January 14, 2012 - The boys and Great Aunt Shirley |
It's been five months or so since Uncle Donnie passed away. Because of cancer. Horrible disease cancer. I have been really busy at work and overextended at home lately, especially the last week. This visit with Aunt Shirley made me slow down and be present in the time we were with her. I loved it, but I also hated it. It made me realize how much I miss having my uncle there. How dinner just wasn't the same without him. How much it stinks for Aunt Shirley to have to deal with everything alone. How much it sucks that I don't live closer, so Aunt Shirley spends ninety percent of her time alone. How much it stinks that family who live nearby don't do more. How much more I realize I need to do for someone who has done so much for me.
So I was totally present today. It left quite an impression on me. I hope I don't let this feeling sink to the wayside of my daily life. I need my aunt. My boys need their great aunt. Because she is truly one of the great ones.




No comments:
Post a Comment