Monday, November 5, 2012

Hello, Monday {the red shoes edition}

Goodbye, Hurricane Sandy snow (6 inches).  Hello, electricity and cable/internet (finally!).

Hello, Monday after Heather and Shannon's wedding.  "A good day" is how I can sum it up.  Everyone looked great.  Everyone was happy.  There were tears (of joy) and laughter.  But I'm glad it's over.  Now I am in the letdown phase.  Hello, now what?  Hello, Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Hello, uh-oh.  There's always one misstep.  Our was losing my son's tennis shoes.  The bright red Nike ones that he loves.  The ones that I paid way too much for because he loved them so.  I ask, how can you lose bright red tennis shoes?!  Somewhere between dressing at the church, going back to my parents' house, going to the hotel, going back to my parent's house, and then going home, they are gone.  G.O.N.E.  Goodbye, red shoes.

{UPDATE:  Three days later (on Wednesday), my mom called.  The red shoes have been located!  They were hiding under a pile of tablecloths from the reception my mom had washed but not returned to the church yet.  Yay!!!}

Hello, seeing family again.  Cousins laughing and running and playing.

Hello, a suitcase-full of dirty laundry.

Goodbye, Virginia.  Hello, back home in West Virginia.


Hello, school Spelling Bee today. 

Hello, busy work week and Cub Scouts and indoor soccer. 

Hello, our version of Normal.


Hello, Happy Day project 2012.  I am REALLY going to try to do this.  I always end up losing steam on a project like this, but I think this is a GOOD thing.  Gonna try!


(Linking up with Lisa Leonard and her Hello, Monday series.)

No comments:

Post a Comment