Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy Day Project - Gift Card


courtesy of www.liferearranged.com

What is the Happy Day project?  Look here and more importantly here.

Day Two is stepping out of the ol' comfort zone.  Giving a gift card to the homeless.  There are homeless in Huntington.  I even see the homeless occasionally by the road on my way to Target.  Not all the time, but they are there.

But I am not comfortable or brave enough yet to walk up to somebody out of the blue.  That's terrible to say, I know.

So I took a different approach on this one.  I drive by the City Mission every day on my way to work.  I see people outside, waiting to go in.  Or maybe just waiting on a warm meal or a warm coat or a warm smile.

I donated money (directly from my paycheck in 2013) to the Huntington Area Food Bank.  It's not much, but I think it will help someone.  I hope it will help someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment