Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Digging Deep

So here we are again!



I'm finding it difficult to list 39 things about me.  I've made it up to 18, and I feel like I've been diggin' deep already to come up with little tidbits if info about the one and only me.

19.  I love the smell of vanilla anything. 

20.  I don't wear perfume or scented anything (deoderant, lotion, etc).  I think I started this habit after I had kids and didn't want to compromise their sensitivities to scents, chemicals, etc.  (My mom and sister think that's insane!)  (Plus, I don't think my mother-in-law walks out the door without strongly scented Bath and Body Works something.) 
21.  I don't wear very much makeup at all, especially lipstick or lip gloss.  My skin is sensitive and I have a mild case of rosacea, so I do have to wear moisturizer and foundation with SPF every day for my own peace of mind.  I usually like mascara, too, because I have lighter puny lashes.  On normal days that's it.  On special days, I add a little eye shadow and blush.

22.  Some favorite phrases of mine:  "Lucky like a four-leaf clover."  "Be glad in this moment."  "Grow roots; sprout wings."  "Every blade of grass has its angel bending over it and whispering, "Grow.""

23.  My new favorite jewelry is from Lisa Leonard Designs.  I can't afford the sterling silver pieces, but she has a pewter line of many pieces that I love!  I love the organic feel and easy care.  And her family's story is pretty special, too.

24.  Being able to sleep all night is just a dream nowadays.  But I can't imagine many things better than sleeping in a bed freshly made with crisp clean sheets!  I don't use it all the time, but I love the smell of Downy (April Fresh scent) fabric softener on my sheets and towels.  Ahhhhhh.  Or a nap on an afternoon with the window open, a breeze floating in.  Oooohhh.  And waking up feeling refreshed, not groggy.  Hmmmm.  {One day, girl.  One day.}


No comments:

Post a Comment