After Easter, it really hits me that my birthday is right around the corner. *eek* Should I be excited? Anxious? Depressed? Sad? A little of all the above? I like to say birthdays don't matter when you're an adult, but inside I believe they do. I believe they matter a whole lot. I hope I have lots and lots of birthdays and everydays with the people I love :)
11. My grandmother was born in 1913. My dad was born in 1943. I was born in 1973. My oldest son was born in 2003. 30-30-30. I wonder what's going to happen in 21 more years from now? My dad will be 90. I will be 60. Ethan will be 30. ?????
12. I love sleeping in the early morning. I think the prime sleep time for me is 5 am - 7 am. Of course, this is when I should be getting up and getting ready. I hate alarm clocks.
13. I really do not like cherry-flavored anything. I have learned to like fresh cherries recently. But artifical cherry flavoring or baking/cooking with them or anything of the sort makes me want to gag. Maybe it reminds me of cough syrup?
14. I have a whack-a-doodle family. Lots of aunts and uncles and cousins, but I'm really only close with a handful of them. And I hate that. It's just the way it is with our family. My dad is a little bit of a recluse, so I think that's why we lived (and my parents still do live) in the Boonies at least a county away from the nearest relative. My uncles just "pop in" on a weekend morning as easily as most people would pick up a phone - even though it's at least an hour's drive to get there. This baffles and amazes my husband. Mainly because his family are so freakin' close to each other, and they always have been. See your uncle once every 5 years or so, or at a wedding or funeral? Yeah. So? I love my mixed up crazy family. Hopefully, they can say the same thing about me. Or they can just ask if I'm still fat. (That's how my aunts think of/remember me.)
No comments:
Post a Comment