Friday, April 6, 2012

10!

What's this all about?  Look here.  Or here.




7.  I love milkshakes.  I love chocolate.  I love strawberry.  But a plain old vanilla milkshake is my favorite.  And is it any coincidence that a Dairy Queen is literally less than 5 minutes from my house?

8.  I hate wearing glasses.  I've needed a prescription for glasses since I was four years old.  (I wonder how in the world you know a four-year-old even NEEDS glasses.)  Keep in mind, I was four during the late seventies.  And I was four-year-old kid who played a lot, so I broke my glasses a lot.  So, my glasses started as brown plastic, evolved into shiny silver metal (which was NOT cool at all back then).  Then the eighties came.  Glasses were bigger and rounder and more glam for even the common folk.  I even had a pair with my initials/monogram in little gold stickers on the bottom corner of one pair.  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  I remember how excited I was each year to get new glasses.  (I led a very boring life.)  I didn't get my first contacts until I was in high school.  But I couldn't live without them now.

9.  Some of my "signature" dishes are lemon chicken rice soup, marinated cheese, mushroom-pepper-provolone sandwiches, and brownies.  With little ones, the brownies are the only thing I make with any regularity.  Wow.  Now I'm hungry!

10.  I love to wear jeans.  I wear them nearly every day.  They're part of my "uniform."  As are flats.  But I'm proportioned kind of funny.  I'm 5'7", so I'm not a shorty.  But by pants are.  Most jeans in "regular" fit are just too long in the inseam, especially if I'm wearing flats.  "Petite" is cut differently altogether, not just the inseam.  So, I have to find "short" jeans.  Old Navy online has hooked me up recently.  If I work on learning the sewing thing, maybe I could hem "regular" jeans myself one day.


Happy Good Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment