Thursday, September 19, 2013

Food For Thought {source Unknown}

Who do I want him to be? I want him to be confident in who he is and courageous in what he believes. I want him to be kind and considerate. I want him to be fearless. I want him to take calculated risks and be brave enough to go after what he wants in life.  I want him to be able to pick himself up and try again when he fails.

So, how do I teach him these things? I have to be these things. I have to show him how to be fearless and how to be brave enough to go after what I want and try again even if I don’t succeed the first time. I have to be the person I want him to grow up to be. Even when I’m tired or discouraged or just don’t want to care anymore because it’s too overwhelming. It means I have to purposefully plan and do in my life and not just let life happen to me. It means that in being a good role model for my children, I have to put forth the effort to live my best life in a way that’s true and authentic. In the end and throughout, we will all be better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment