We started off this week with Labor Day 2011. That meant basically no work or school on Monday which meant a long weekend for us. Is it terrible for me to say I have a love/hate relationship with weekends? Right now, they are just so much work! (Another reason why I am a totally un-fun mom. Sorry, guys!) Weekends are when we are officially responsible for the tedious parts of parenthood like meals and naps. Seriously, meals or meal planning is a back-to-back activity spanning wake up to bedtime with no more than 2 hours in between. I know we seriously need help with organization and meal planning, but why bother? It's like a dog chasing his tail! And naps? Ethan hasn't really napped since he was 2. And the little boys never seem to nap on the same schedule. *deep sigh*
Weekends are also when you have to catch up on laundry, go to the grocery store, get the oil changed in the car, clean up the house (ha!), blah, blah, blah. See? It doesn't sound fun at all. I did notice that by not scheduling a specific activity last weekend, we became slackers. There was no motivation for ole mom and dad. Well, for mom at least. I didn't get a shower Saturday until after the little boys were in bed. I don't think I got a shower at all on Sunday. Or was that Monday?
So, here we are, full circle back to Monday. Our "day off."
It also rained Sunday evening and pretty much all day Monday. A lot. That did mean that some old toys of Ethan's were resurrected -- the Thomas the Train set. I had forgotten how many trains he had! I remember going to any department store, we would always check to see what trains they had. We usually bought one every trip for us -- I mean, him. Ethan has played with the trains for years! But suddenly Zane loves Thomas trains now. Books, toys, train sets, everything. Ethan and Jason built a huge intricate track in the basement. We played with that thing for hours over the weekend. We even set Nash in his exersaucer in the middle of the track so he could enjoy it, too. (He was following the trains as they chugged around the track!) That was fun. The track is still set up a week later :) Yep, that's the way we roll in our house! Pick up toys every night? It's like eating oreos while brushing your teeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment