Monday, September 12, 2011

Ahh, Sweet Saturday

The weather had been so fall-like and cool last week that it was nice to be able to go outside and just enjoy the day on Saturday.  We didn't do anything crazy, mind you; but it was nice.  We spent a lot of time on the porch swing, spending some quality cuddle time with the little ones :)

Zane loves drawing now, so he pulled out the box of sidewalk chalk.  (I swear that stuff lasts forever; I think it's been arounf since Ethan who is now 8 was little!)  I told him to draw/trace around my feet.  He drew ON my feet.  But he chose a lovely shade of blue.  And it matches the nail polish color on my toes :)

chalk-covered blue-colored toes
Ethan and Zane found sticks.  Boys in my house love two things most when outside - 1) water hoses, and 2) sticks.  Ethan has a blossoming interest in golf, so he found a stick that was a perfect club.  There is a persimmon tree in our neighbor's yard that drops the fruit into our yard.  Wah-lah!  Perfect for stick clubs!


Good form, Ethan!

Zane's itty bitty stick club -- perfect for whacking.

I think he must have stepped on a squashed persimmon.  (Yep, bare feet.)
Nash is just along for the ride.  Cute, goofy face.  Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment